Locaboat Plaisance have been the leaders in self-drive barge holidays in Europe for over 25 years. “Penichette” is often used as a generic name for canal and riverboats. They are the best boats for a European waterway holiday. This gives couples, families or a group of friends a unique way of seeing the sites of France, Germany, Holland and Ireland.
Locaboat Plaisance offer flexibility of start days and duration and now have now have 380 Penichettes used for canal barging holidays. They have more than twenty bases situated along the most scenic and interesting canal routes in France, with Germany, Holland, and Ireland introduced in recent years.
Locaboat design and build their own Penichettes to satisfy the demands of an international clientele. The range is comfortable and easy to handle, and is constantly being expanded and updated.
To make your choice simpler, the range of 20 different models is grouped into three distinct classes: Classic, Aft Deck and Flying Bridge Penichettes:
Classic Penichette – These have become famous due to their resemblance to the ‘Peniche’ or working barge. Kitchen and sitting area at the rear of the boat is separated from the sleeping areas at the front.
Aft Deck Penichette – Elegant, modern and spacious, with an aft deck that lengthens the kitchen and living space and provides shade for outdoor eating.
Flying Bridge Penichette – These are the very latest designs, exceptionally luxurious and well-equipped, with dual inside and outside steering positions.
What Makes Locaboat Plaisance Special?
- Locaboat has the best maintained barges on the canals of Europe
- No licence is necessary to hire a Locaboat Plaisance barge
- Locaboat have an extensive range of barges to accommodate a group of 2 – 12 family and friends
- Comprehensive Navigation Guides and a boating Manual are provided well in advance to help you plan your route
- The committed reception staff at each base will ensure you get the maximum benefit from their local knowledge
- Technicians will show you over your boat and teach you just how easy it is to drive a Penichette. All through your cruise they are there on call should you need them
- Locaboat Plaisance are the only company to offer flexibility of start days and duration. Hire duration is generally for one week or two weeks, but you can also go for periods of 10/11 days, for long weekends or for 4-day mini-weeks
- The Penichettes are equipped with a radio/CD player and bicycle rack
Mary Rossi Travel was chosen by Locaboat Plaisance to be their Australian representative in 2001.
For further information and bookings please contact Mary Rossi Travel: