Hamilton Island (qualia and Beach Club)
Visited by Esther Fraser in May, 2021
Esther’s recently returned from Hamilton Island, enjoying stays at both qualia and Beach Club – both fabulous luxury accommodation options.
Access is quick and easy from Sydney with direct flights taking just two and a half hours, yet feeling like a world away..
Read about Esther’s trip below.
qualia is located on the northernmost part of Hamilton Island with gorgeous views across the Coral Sea and Whitsundays. Staying here is true luxury. The Pavilions (more on these later) are exclusive and private and there’s two divine pools to enjoy. Long Pavilion serves delicious breakfasts, with fine dining in the evening, which is a real highlight of your stay.
We also loved the included golf cart to drive around the island – it was lots of fun exploring and the golf cart helped with some of the big hills which we otherwise would have had to have walked up!
There’s just 60 Pavilions plus the Beach House to choose from for your stay. The entry level Leeward Pavilions have gorgeous views of Hamilton Island and the Coral Sea plus a private sundeck, whereas the Windward Pavilions have a lovely northerly aspect and have expansive, picture postcard views of the Coral Sea and Whitsundays – plus the added indulgence of your own private plunge pool. Or for the ultimate experience, treat yourself to the Beach House, the ultimate secluded hideaway.
My recommendation? If you can, choose a gorgeous Windward Pavilion for your stay.
Our welcome gift was waiting for us in our Pavilion when we arrived at qualia
The pool at qualia
Your Virtuoso amenities for booking your stay at qualia with Mary Rossi Travel include:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability to a premium positioned Pavilion, within the same Pavilion category type.
- Daily full breakfast for two guests per bedroom
- Colors of Sunset Cruise – includes a tour of the Whitsundays for 1 & 1/2 hours on a luxury cruiser, including canapés and selected alcoholic beverages for two adults, OR a Talk & Taste Experience, once during stay.
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Beach Club, Hamilton Island
The Beach Club is an adults only oasis. With just 57 rooms it’s located right on the beach – our room had a lovely view to the beach and direct access. Our terrace was the perfect spot to unwind with a cool drink (or glass of wine!) at the end of the day.
The breakfast location is spectacular. Overlooking the stunning infinity pool and the lovely beach, it really is such a lovely way to start the day. Down on the beach itself, there are plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas for hotel guests – and it’s just the perfect spot for a little rest and relaxation!
When you stay at Beach Club breakfast and a host of other inclusions are included – you’ll have access to all non-motorised sports equipment (catamarans, paddle boards, kayak, windsurfers and snorkeling equipment) and if you need even more activity you can also use the island’s gym, spa, sauna and tennis courts.
Beach Club offers a more relaxed, yet still luxurious option for your Hamilton Island stay.
The view from our room at Beach Club across the pool to the sea
Our room at Beach Club
My tips for your stay on Hamilton Island
- Pre-book your restaurants well in advance. All the best ones are extremely busy, and if you leave making that call until you arrive you will miss out. Try to book at least a month before you arrive.
- If you are staying at qualia, and your budget allows, book a Windward Pavilion. These villas are simply gorgeous, have a lovely north aspect and their own private plunge pool.
- The walk to Passage Peak, which is the highest point on the island is a must – the views are simply stunning.
- Enjoy a sunset at One Tree Hill with a cocktail or champagne in hand. We took our welcome gift of wine from our room up and watched the sun go down. Magical..